Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Water - You are made of it




Good morning


A friend sent photos taken from Liverpool Road, Goolwa, SA. (see Photo 2 taken by Frank Refchange 2008) The river is in a serious state. I have also uploaded a photo of the normal height of the River Murray, at Liverpool Road, Goolwa, SA. (Photo 1 taken by Julia Morton-Marr in November 1987).
So for the last two days I have been focused on the Murray - Darling Basin, where I have taught so many of you, in South Australia. The river is drying up and you are experiencing a long drought. I know you all know how to protect your water supply and don't waste a drop. Some of you are experts at having a 3 minute shower. I know that you are collecting water in your rain water tanks, not watering your gardens except with your shower and bath grey water. I know that many of you don't have a dish washer, or a swimming pool, because of the lack and cost of water. Children in Africa walk for miles to the river to get water.

I was sent a petition from Goolwa, South Australia which I have signed. Here is the link please sign it.
Also here is a link so that you can calculate your water footprint
for more information on your water footprint go to
Julia

No comments: